[Foundation-l] Native American Tribes Policy

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Wed May 16 00:05:43 UTC 2007

Jeffrey V. Merkey wrote:

>Aphaia wrote:
>

>>On 5/16/07, Ilario Valdelli <valdelli at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>>Sorry... I don't understand this thread.
>>>
>>>I live in Europe. This thread is concerning the foundation... I don't
>>>understand Indians... tribes... I don't understand.
>>>
>>>Is this the correct ML?
>>>

>>I wonder why moderators allowed the originator to begin this thread here.
>>

>Some good discussion came from it. Fred included. I can see where non-US
>folks would have trouble understanding it.

I don't agree with the point that Jeff has been trying to make, but I
also don't think that his rights to raise the point should be
suppressed.  In broader terms it's not just a US issue.  There are
parallels all around the world.  Issues of Basque or Ainu
self-determination should be viewed with equal importance.

Ec