[Foundation-l] IRC Group Contacts

Casey Brown cbrown1023 at comcast.net
Tue May 15 23:59:34 UTC 2007

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/IRC_Group_Contacts

This is not a concern about the quality of the contacts' work, which is
fantastic, but rather the fact that we have only two people in this role and
their availability is sometimes limited.  We currently only have two
contacts, but sometimes their other Wikimedia and real-life commitments
create delays.

We also have to look at the nature of the job itself and the size of our IRC
network.  The job entails setting up cloaks and coordinating the Wikimedia
Foundation and its users with the Freenode staff.  Handing out cloaks itself
is a rather labor-intensive process and there are many that need to be done.
Sean is rather inactive and while he always replies, it is sometimes days
later.

For a group as large as Wikimedia, I believe we need at least 4 or 5 active
contacts.  The Foundation and the community need to figure whether or not we
do need more contacts and, if so, who we want these users to be.

Casey Brown
Cbrown1023