[Foundation-l] Fwd: [Citizendium-l] Shop online, support Citizendium

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Tue May 15 12:21:09 UTC 2007

[As an aside, how many other wikis use Special:Booksources, and how do
you arrange/select its content?]

On 15/05/07, Jack <jackdt at gmail.com> wrote:

> If it's decided to do this, maybe keep the original links at
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Booksources&isbn=9780521405683#Individual_online_booksellers>
> and add the affiliate links clearly marked as such after them.
>
> Many sellers will then ask to be included in that list - what will the
> minimum requirements be?

The minimum requirements have generally been:

a) can deeplink by ISBN
b) offers a reasonable breadth and size of stock
c) not spamming

Generally, retailers are preferred over, e.g., single-publisher sales
sites. It probably needs cleaned out again - I haven't been through in
a while.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk