[Foundation-l] Rethinking brands

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu May 10 19:20:55 UTC 2007

On 10/05/07, Florence Devouard <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> You ring a bell here. From time to time, we hear rumors of fears that
> "Wikipedia could become the main source of information" - a sort of
> Google empire of knowledge. With hints of World Domination.

BTW - this is one reason, when the press call trying to stir up a
fight between us and Citizendium, I always say they're a good thing
because more freely-reusable content is good, they validate the model
and encouraging free content is something we're absolutely for.

(I know they still haven't picked their actual license. If they pick
one that *isn't* a proper free content licence ... well.)

Has anyone approached Scholarpedia about free content licensing, by
the way? They wouldn't need to change a single thing about the
Scholarpedia model - just require new works to be free content.

- d.