[Foundation-l] 09-f9-...

Todd Allen toddmallen at gmail.com
Thu May 10 02:57:29 UTC 2007

On 5/9/07, Anthony <wikilegal at inbox.org> wrote:
> On 5/9/07, Jesse Martin (Pathoschild) <pathoschild at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > What does it matter whether or not we're likely to be sued? if it is
> > illegal, it's not free content; users can't reuse it under the GFDL
> > without violating the law. Get the law changed if you think it absurd,
> > then we can distribute the key all we want.
> >
> It depends.  If *no one* is likely to be sued, then it pretty much is
> free content.
>
> Anthony

In addition to this (and aren't we big on reality-over-rules around
here anyway?), there really isn't a clear case that it's illegal
simply to publish the number. That's entirely the opposite of song
lyrics, which are unequivocally copyrightable.

--
Freedom is the right to know that 2+2=4. From this all else follows.