[Foundation-l] Rethinking brands

Florence Devouard Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Wed May 9 17:38:41 UTC 2007

David Gerard wrote:
> On 09/05/07, Robert Horning <robert_horning at netzero.net> wrote:
>> Florence Devouard wrote:
>
>>> Note that there is chance other suggestions are made by board members
>>> during elections time. Please take these suggestions as platform
>>> discussion, not as wmf position.
>
>> change.  And this proposal/suggestion was not made in the context of any
>> upcoming elections or any campaign platform.
>

> Indeed. You don't have to like each other, but could you at least keep
> the board sniping off the public list?
>

> - d.

That was not sniping. That was a statement. And even though it is
denied, I believe it is true. If others do not, that is fine by me.
Whatever. I think YOU are the one sniping here.

The only thing I ask here, is that a proposition, by whoever board
member - be it Erik (on brands), or Jimbo (on search engines), or I (on
governance) or anyone else, be seen as a proposition by a person by
default, rather than Foundation, unless stated otherwise.

I am not worried. Even when a comment is presented as Foundation, that
does not prevent you from objecting :-))

Last. Even though I do not agree with the rebranding, I appreciate the
discussion. I think Erik presented a pretty clear and straigthforward
landscape of benefits and drawbacks.

ant