[Foundation-l] Rethinking brands

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Wed May 9 04:33:37 UTC 2007

On 5/8/07, Delphine Ménard <notafishz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Wikipedia UK
> Wikipedia Deutschland
> Wikipedia italia
> Wikipedia France
> Wikipedia Polska
> Wikipedia Србије
> Wikipedia CH
> Wikipedia Nederland
> Wikipedia Israel

"Wikimedia" is hardly any better, and leads to the same kind of
confusion, partially also due to the inherent complexity of the
chapter model. If we followed the model I described, I would suggest
always using another word as part of the chapter name, e.g. the
equivalent of "Association".

--
Peace & Love,
Erik

"An old, rigid civilization is reluctantly dying. Something new, open,
free and exciting is waking up." -- Ming the Mechanic