[Foundation-l] Rethinking brands

Jeff V. Merkey jmerkey at wolfmountaingroup.com
Tue May 8 17:42:14 UTC 2007

Florence Devouard wrote:

>The way I read it (forgive me if I am wrong), your email seems to be
>implying that this is a suggestion from WMF. It is not so. It has not
>been discussed on the board, and even less agreed upon. Take it for what
>it is, a simple suggestion by one person, not a wmf suggestion.
>

>Note that there is chance other suggestions are made by board members
>during elections time. Please take these suggestions as platform
>discussion, not as wmf position.
>
>Thanks
>
>Ant

Anthere,

Thanks for clarifying. The USPTO Trademark Office is not like Wikipedia
in that you can "edit this trademark"
whenever you want, and given the investment in securing a trademark, the
entire thread evidenced a startling lack
of understanding as to why trademarks should go on a slow path. I was
wondering what the Board was thinking,
but you have clarified that this is not a Board topic at present.

Thanks

Jeff