[Foundation-l] PD in Israel

Florence Devouard Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Tue May 8 15:10:52 UTC 2007

Ray Saintonge wrote:
> Florence Devouard wrote:

>>> Is it really wise to speak for the board when you've only consulted 3
>>> members? I don't know what the quorum is, but I'm sure it's more than
>>> 3.
>>>

>> Plus my opinion, makes 4. That makes a quorum.
>> I will mention that I did not consult ONLY 3 people, I never do that. I
>> ask all of them. They can answer or not answer.
>>
>> And yes, that outlines that there should be a deadline to answer a
>> question/gives an opinion.
>>
> Why should you need a deadline?  Is it your demand or someone else's?

This was a general comment. Not a demand for this specific situation.

Currently, a resolution may stay open for vote for weeks, as there is no
mechanism to close it (except when all members have voted). Often, a
resolution is closed after we reached the quorum. Sometimes, it is left
open for a few more days to allow late members to vote as well. In most
voting systems, there is a beginning to vote... and an end.
Legally speaking, I just need a quorum. But practically speaking...

I just need to fix that :-)

In a similar way, when I ask an open question to the board, should I let
it open forever, at the risk of people to give their opinion with big
delays, or should I say "you have xxx days to give your opinion".

By the way, from which city are you in Canada ?