[Foundation-l] PD in Israel

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Tue May 8 01:07:05 UTC 2007

> Plus my opinion, makes 4. That makes a quorum.
> I will mention that I did not consult ONLY 3 people, I never do that. I
> ask all of them. They can answer or not answer.
>
> And yes, that outlines that there should be a deadline to answer a
> question/gives an opinion.
>
> I increasingly have a problem of incompatibility of
> * on one hand, the desire of the community, of the staff, of potential
> partners, of journalists, etc... to always have an answer as soon as
> possible, preferably yesterday
>
> * on the other hand, an increasing requirement for procedures, with
> written statements (resolutions - which needs to be written by someone),
> delay requirements for calling a meeting (10 days minimum), quorum
> (which implies board members should be very frequently available to
> assist most meetings)

If you don't have time to go through the proper process and get
something that can genuinely be considered an official board position
(to do that does require a meeting), then you shouldn't state it as a
board position. It isn't hard to say "The 4 board members who have
currently expressed an opinion agree that...".