[Foundation-l] WMF resolution on access to non-public data passed

effe iets anders effeietsanders at gmail.com
Tue May 1 21:32:14 UTC 2007

Would it be possible to let the parents of the "minors" authorize it?
Especially for the OTRS team I assume that is a reasonable way of
working. Of course selection policy should show that these people (the
minors) add an extra value to the team, but I know quite a few who do
their work very well, and are probably in their mind already mature
enough, although their passport disagrees. I think that sean might be
a good example for this, but also on my home project (nl.wp) I know
some of them, and I think you all know some of those fellows like
"noooo, you're joking, you can't be 16, you're at least 30!" because
they are such a lot more mature then some of the people who are
fighting around on the wiki's.

I would really appreciate it if the possibility of letting the parents
sign a document that they are OK with it would be taken into
consideration. I know this might hand some extra work to the Office,
but please consider that this will lower the workload in the long run.
Thank you.

Lodewijk