[Foundation-l] WMF resolution on access to non-public data passed

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Tue May 1 19:38:04 UTC 2007

On 02/05/07, Mohamed Magdy <mohamed.m.k at gmail.com> wrote:
> Kat Walsh wrote:
> > In addition, all users
> > holding these positions must be 18 or older, and also of the age of
> > majority in whichever jurisdiction they live in.
> >

> Ahem... the resolution says "explicitly over the age at which they are
> capable to act without the consent of their parent in the jurisdiction
> in which they reside"
>
> That clearly says (implies) that it means over the Age of Consent[1] NOT
> the Age of Majority[2]...it is either that you wrote it wrong or it was
> wrote wrongly in the wiki.

No, the age at which you can legally make a binding decision
independent of parental (etc) consent is indeed the age of majority.
The age of consent relates to the the capacity of the individual to
consent to sexual activity, and really doesn't factor in here much...
I really don't see how that can be interpreted as "must be over the
age of consent" unless you squint really hard.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk