[Foundation-l] WMF resolution on access to non-public data passed

Florence Devouard Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Tue May 1 10:19:19 UTC 2007

Mohamed Magdy wrote:
> <snip>
> "Passed with 6 support votes and 1 abstention,"
>
> Can we know who refused and perhaps her/his reasons? :) or that would be
> off-limit?
>
> =alnokta

Jimbo did not vote (it is not a blank vote where he refused to take a
position, it is that he did not come to vote).

You may ask him, but I can pretty much (say 99%) affirm that you should
not read anything special in the abstention (except "I was busy with
other things and did not vote in time. But I am fully in agreement with
the resolution").

It is frequent that some resolutions fail to get 100% of vote expressed.
To avoid blocking the decision making process, we even voted this
resolution over a year ago:
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution_Consent_Procedures

Now, thanks for asking the question, because I just realised "abstain"
with "did not vote" were mixed under a unique description "abstain".
Which is not correct as in one case a vote is given, in the other, no
vote is given. The meaning is not the same. I will go through all the
resolutions to check and correct this.

Ant