[Foundation-l] check user...

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 16:07:38 UTC 2007

On 3/31/07, Mohamed Magdy <mohamed.m.k at gmail.com> wrote:
> Gregory Maxwell wrote:
> > On 3/30/07, christophe.henner at wikimedia.fr <christophe.henner at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> And reveal there identity publicly.
> >
> > I don't know that publicly is important. I think that revealing it to
> > the foundation is very important.
>
> For trust issues, yes.
>
>    I think that being over 18 is also
> > important.
>
> Why important?

I'll revise my position based on Aphaia's comment below:
"I think that being at least the age of majority in their country of
residence is important".

Checkusers are in a somewhat unique position to cause irreversible
harm and cause legal problems for themselves and the foundation. As
such they should be old enough to assume legal responsibility for
their actions.

Just be glad that I'm not also suggesting that checkusers be insured. ;)