[Foundation-l] Foundation Licensing Policy

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Thu Mar 29 17:49:09 UTC 2007

Anthony wrote:

>On 3/27/07, Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net> wrote:
>

>>Anthony wrote:

>>>What about the copyrighted text which is used?
>>>

>>So where does fair use, in the most normal application of the term, end
>>and questionable fair use begin?
>>

>Huh?  What does this have to do with fair use?
>
>I have no idea what the term "questionable fair use" means.

To clarify:  By ordinary fair use I mean all those quotations that few
of us ever worry about.  They are why such a law exists in the first
place.  "Questionable fair use" refers to all those claims founded on
the contributors convenience without any analysis resembling the legal
conditions for fair use.  Perhaps an analysis could support the fair use
claim, but we don't know that unless it's done.

Ec