[Foundation-l] Banning Fair Use (was Re: Foundation Licensing Policy)

Oldak Quill oldakquill at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 18:48:56 UTC 2007

On 28/03/07, Angela <beesley at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/28/07, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > even the WMF logo is not public domain
>
> > There is however the free Debian logo
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Debian-logo.svg
>
> Wikimedia also has a free logo.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Wikimedia_Community_Logo.svg is
> public domain.

Is this logo proposed or is it in place? en.Wikipedia doesn't have an
article about "community logo"s. I can only assume it is an attempt to
bridge the divide between those who believe everything should be free
and those who see free logos as unrealistic and practically harmful?

Most of the uses for that logo on Commons is as the logo for Planet Wikimedia...

--
Oldak Quill (oldakquill at gmail.com)