[Foundation-l] Banning Fair Use (was Re: Foundation Licensing Policy)

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 17:56:31 UTC 2007

On 3/28/07, Robert Horning <robert_horning at netzero.net> wrote:
[snip]
> There are also several Wikibooks that discuss learning foreign
> languages, and I think it is very reasonable to use flags of the
> countries where those languages are spoken as elements in the cover
> images of those books.
[snip]

I want to make sure I understand what you are saying, without getting
into the nitty-gritty of flag image licensing, or how someone could
match flags to languages in an NPOV manner, either of which could be
an epic conversation by itself...

Are you saying that you think it is acceptable to compromise the
wholly free content status of a wikibook in order to incorporate
non-free decorations?