[Foundation-l] My resignation

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 23:48:30 UTC 2007

On 3/22/07, Pedro Sanchez <pdsanchez at gmail.com> wrote:
> You and I aren't entitled to demand an explanation and to know every
> small detail. It's between Danny and the Foundation.

It is, however, unreasonable not to expect there to be curiosity and
no small degree of consternation when two longtime key employees
announce their departures over a couple of days.

It's one thing to say (correctly) that Danny, Brad, and the Board have
a right to keep the respective personel matter details private.

However, if there are substantiative policy disagreements at stake, I
for one remain rather confused as to what they are and their nature,
and we are all entitled to an explanation of those types of matters.

I don't know if there is any substantiative policy disagreement, or if
it's just personalities, or individual choice.  If it is a
substantiative policy issue, we don't need to find out RIGHT NOW, but
it would be fair to ask if there is such a thing, and over what
timeframe the parties will feel comfortable talking about it.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com