[Foundation-l] Wikibooks NL is changing License

Peter van Londen londenp at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 22:22:25 UTC 2007

OK time to clarify:

The multilicensing will only apply to new books, not for new contributions
to existing books (as they can be GFDL only, according to this license).
There will be one difference to this situation, that is if _all_ the
contributors (including anonymous) to an existing book will proclaim that
they agree to multi-license also past contributions.

Probably that will mean that not much of the content we have today at
wikibooks-nl will be double-licensed. Old books will be GFDL and new books
will be GFDL+CC-BY-SA 2.5. The reuser of the information/books can then
choose which license they will give the reworked content, or even choose to
double-license it.

Reusing content from Wikipedia-nl or Wikibooks-en for example will
automatically put that book in the GFDL-corner.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards, Londenp