[Foundation-l] Wikibooks NL is changing License

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 21:43:24 UTC 2007

> I believe that this only applies to new contributions. The GFDL is a
> non exclusive license; licensing it under its terms does not prevent
> you as the copyright holder from releasing under one other.

The issue is with new contributions to existing articles. The new
article created by editing the old would be a derivative work - can
you release your modifications to a derivative work under an
additional license to that of the original work? Also, who owns the
copyright on an article after someone else goes through and corrects
the spelling? I'm pretty sure the original author does, yet the
corrections can be used under a license that author hasn't agreed to.
It's not at all simple.