[Foundation-l] Help with impersonation

NSLE (Wikipedia) nsle.wikipedia at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 06:15:19 UTC 2007

Hi. I'm user Chacor on the English Wikipedia (formerly NSLE), user NSLE at
the French Wikipedia, and user NSLE-Chacor at commons. However, this morning
I was notified that user "Meteoroid" on the English Wikipedia (now " Z.E.R.O.")
created new "NSLE-Chacor" accounts around wikimedia projects, like at meta,
and at wikia, and at mediawiki.org (that I know of, there may be more),
clearly impersonating me. He knows what he's doing, because "NSLE-Chacor" is
not used anywhere else, and is used only by me (the name comes from
"NationStates", an online nation simulation game, as well as my nations on
that game). There is no possible way anyone would suddenly come up with
"NSLE-Chacor".

The accounts on meta and mediawiki.org have been blocked (by Angela and
Titoxd, respectively), while the one at wikia is under investigation pending
a response from Meteoroid. However I sense a pattern, and there could be
more such accounts. However, Interiot's SUL username tool is lagging right
now, so it does not return any.

I do not appreciate being impersonated like this, and it should not be
tolerated. Is there any possibility of a wikimedia-wide ban on this
character for this impersonation? I'm feeling frustrated and harassed right
now, that this user has gone out of his way to make me feel so
uncomfortable. He even edited my Commons userpage to say "NSLE-Chacor
elsewhere is not me", a clear sign he knows what he's doing.

This should not be tolerated.
Please help.

NSLE/Chacor