[Foundation-l] [WikiEN-l] Accountability: bringing back a proposal I made nearly 2 years ago

luke brandt shojokid at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 17:27:52 UTC 2007

Jimmy Wales wrote:
> geni wrote:
>> On 3/5/07, Erik Moeller wrote:
>>> 1) Any user can ask for his or her professional credentials to be verified.
>>>

>> Creates work for office or simular that doesn't result in much benefit.
>
> I think the process should not be related in any way to the office if
> there is any way at all to avoid it.  It should not proceed through a
> bottleneck of a committee or designated person.  It should be highly
> distributed and networked like all successful wikipedia processes.
>
> --Jimbo

Any views from the Foundation, or others, in light of the discussion and
straw vote:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Jimbo_Wales/Credential_Verification#Straw_poll_on_each_proposal

This needs to be resolved quickly (if public interest is to be taken
into account) But only one proposal seems to be garnering significant
support in the EN community - luke