[Foundation-l] a tought

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 13 12:05:44 UTC 2007

--- Florence Devouard <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> maybe because it is sunday...
>
> I was having a look at the press a few minutes ago, and I saw Essjay
> real name plastered everywhere, and referred to a "fake", fired from
> Wikipedia and fired from Wikia.
>
> To be honest, whatever the degree of his mistake, my heart grieves for
> him. He did not deserve to be shamed publicly in this way. I feel very
> very sorry for him.

Indeed. However, I haven't seen a single article question the content of his edits or the
community work he did. The question has been about his supposed credentials. For that reason, I do
hope he can come back someday soon. Of course, this time, he should not pretend to be something he
isn’t. That is simply not acceptable because it is a violation of our trust.

-- mav