[Foundation-l] Translation Commitee's meeting report (2007/03)

Christophe Henner christophe.henner at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 06:35:20 UTC 2007

> Hello,
>
> Plenty of good stuff here. And in reading this specific part, I was
> wondering if you should not discuss this with Sandy as well so that it
> be part of the other reform she is working on for communication issues.
>
> I do not know if it is a good idea to do a transwiki. It has positive
> and negative sides. On the positive, it will be probably much easier for
> you to organise. On the other hand, less visibility to recruit new
> volunteers. Dunno.
>
> > == Recruitment of new volunteers and local coordinator ==
> > As written above, this is a more than important issue. In the next
> > weeks the Translation Committee will communicate with the local
> > projects in order to find new members and to involve some people
> > as local coordinator. The TransCom needs to have more volunteers to
> > translate statements faster, and to provide more information to the
> > communities.
> >

> > This is a quick summary of a meeting of two hours, we spoke of some
> > other stuff, but there are the more important ones. I hope the
> > transCom will soon have new
> > members.
> >

> > All the best
> >
> > [1]http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Communications_subcommittees/Trans/meetings/2007-03
>
> I am always amazed by the number of pages translated. Kudos for that.
>
> ant

We just raised the issue about internatl communication. In my point of
view the translation committe goals is to allow access to the main
informations to non english speaking personn. I see now that saying
translation committee wasn't a good a thing. The idea is more about an
internal communication committe.

As I said before, I was planning to wait for the Volounteer
Coordinator to hired and then begin to work and discuss on what can we
do. Obviously Sandy is more than welcom to help at this :)

--
schiste