[Foundation-l] a tought

Michael Bimmler mbimmler at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 14:13:25 UTC 2007

On 3/11/07, Florence Devouard <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> maybe because it is sunday...
>
> I was having a look at the press a few minutes ago, and I saw Essjay
> real name plastered everywhere, and referred to a "fake", fired from
> Wikipedia and fired from Wikia.
>
> To be honest, whatever the degree of his mistake, my heart grieves for
> him. He did not deserve to be shamed publicly in this way. I feel very
> very sorry for him.

True. Consider also (amongst other things) the impact this might have
on his future possibilities, as every future employer might find this
story in news archives  and will read about him "being fired"," having
lost the trust of the community", "having obtained high positions by
making misleading statements about his academic positions" etc. (note:
please don't start yet another flame war about this, I'm just quoting
what I found in newspapers, not assessing the quotes on their merits).

Michael