[Foundation-l] BitTorrent Downloads of enwiki Images

Delphine Ménard notafishz at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 19:34:23 UTC 2007

> On 3/10/07, Delphine Ménard <notafishz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Again, hinting as the possibility that the Wikimedia Foundation is the
> > "source" (and here I understand it as "author" or "owning the rights
> > to" of ANY image hosted on thier servers is hinting at something that
> > is both, as far as I am concerned, wrong and dangerous as it furthers
> > the misunderstanding of where responsibility lies and what the
> > Foundation's role is (mainly owner of the servers that host ths
> > content) .
>
> That isn't quite true:
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Wikimedia

I'm not sure I get your point here. If theres even is one.

If you're trying to say that the Wikimedia Foundation *is* indeed
responsible for those logos that are copyrighted from the Wikimedia
Foundation, yeah, we agree.

But then Jeff should be asking the right to the Wikimedia Foundation
*as the copyright holder of those images* not as *the source of all
images*.

Delphine

--
~notafish