[Foundation-l] Censorship: Speedy deletion of porn articles

Yonatan Horan yonatanh at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 21:29:39 UTC 2007

The question here isn't about notability. The two examples given by geni are
well notable in Israel and Hebrew-speaking culture (even those who are for
the deletion of all porn articles will say that). The problem is that the
articles aren't judged on a case-by-case basis, if they have anything to do
with porn, it is very likely that they will be very quickly speedy deleted.
You can't ban a whole subject on a wikipedia just because you don't like it.
By the way, I am well aware of what goes on on the English Wikipedia as I am
more active there than on the Hebrew one and I'm not saying the Hebrew
Wikipedia needs to allow articles on many esoteric porn actors like en but
by the same token they can't just delete articles on porn (especially not
notable subjects) without passing a vote to make this policy and without
complying with WMF guidelines.

Thanks,
Yonatan