[Foundation-l] Update of Foundation organization

Anthony wikilegal at inbox.org
Wed Mar 7 12:29:17 UTC 2007

On 3/6/07, Oldak Quill <oldakquill at gmail.com> wrote:
> The life-and-death aspect of volunteer firefighting is not the only
> aspect of the job that makes you feel obligated to fulfilling it as if
> it were a paid position. Contracts are signed, uniforms are worn,
> there is a work place: cues and mechanisms associated with a paid job.

This is true to some extent, except for the contract part.  I never
signed a written contract with the fire department.  The rest is only
partly true, though.  We didn't wear always wear a uniform while we
washed the equipment, and washing the equipment was by no means a
life-and-death job.  The fact that there was a work place wasn't the
reason I did this either.  No, washing the equipment was just
something that we were required to do by the chief, and that's the
reason we did it.

Anthony