[Foundation-l] Update of Foundation organization

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 22:46:23 UTC 2007

On 05/03/07, Oldak Quill <oldakquill at gmail.com> wrote:

> I wanted to bring this up because, as a charity with limited
> resources, it is something that should be explored and discussed. I am
> aware that some employees are necessary: some tasks are too critical,
> time sensitive or large to be left to volunteers. Where do we draw
> this line? When does it become too much work to use volunteers for a
> particular task?

Someone to coordinate volunteers is the way to go. A big reason to
hire Brad as legal counsel is because we could get all the pro bono
assistance we need (WMF has *lots* of friends) - but having in-house
counsel to coordinate them is the only way to go. Sandra is doing more
coordination of volunteers (and getting them to phrase things etc)
than doing press herself. Etc.

I'd apply for the job myself but being a sysadmin pays too well ;-p

- d.