[Foundation-l] [WikiEN-l] Accountability: bringing back a proposal I made nearly 2 years ago

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Mon Mar 5 18:33:06 UTC 2007

On 3/5/07, Jeff V. Merkey <jmerkey at wolfmountaingroup.com> wrote:

> This is going to be nightmarish to police and run. Not to mention you
> have to have a
> signed release from the person in order to obtain access to this level
> of personal information.

I'm not sure I've provided enough context to fully explain the
proposal. The idea is not to _require_ anything, but to only ask for
confirmation if people make the claim _themselves_, and then only for
people in positions of trust, or those whose credentials have been
called into question. Anyone is free to reach any level of trust
without professional credentials.
--
Peace & Love,
Erik

"An old, rigid civilization is reluctantly dying. Something new, open,
free and exciting is waking up." -- Ming the Mechanic