[Foundation-l] NIH Wiki fair

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 20:35:46 UTC 2007

Hoi,
There was the other day a one day seminar at the US National Institutes of
Health. Some really interesting presentations were given about Wikis as used
in government and in health care. There is a whopping 5:41 hour video about
it. Missing are the timestamps when a particular presentation starts. Barend
Mons and Larry Sanger gave two presentations that were of special interest
to me. I had a look at most of the presentations, I blogged about it and
noted the times of the start of their presentations.

I had another look at some of them and, I liked them a lot. I think Larry is
not a great presenter and after some more thought, the biggest reason why
they are only a thousand articles at the moment is because of them operating
in stealth mode. They had an article in Nature and I am convinced that a lot
of their good will evaporated over time.

Thanks,
     GerardM

Resources:
video:  http://videocast.nih.gov/PastEvents.asp?c=998