[Foundation-l] Welcome Sue !

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Thu Jun 28 09:20:21 UTC 2007

On 6/28/07, Stephen Bain <stephen.bain at gmail.com> wrote:
> Secondly, and this is directed more at the Board, I understand that
> Sue has been hired as a "consultant and special advisor" and not as
> Executive Director at least partly because of immigration-related
> restrictions on the work she is presently entitled to perform in the
> United States. Will the Board be providing the community with a
> description of the position "consultant and special advisor"? Are
> there any substantive differences between this position and that of
> Executive Director?

I see no particular reason not to post Sue's job description, but I'll
ask the Chair to confirm that.

The differences between a Board-level consultant and a freshly minted
ED aren't that great, as the Board needs to build a trust relationship
with this new staff member in either case. Beyond 3-6 months in the
future, should the professional relationship develop as expected, this
status will become too limiting, and I hope the remaining constraints
can be removed within that timeframe.
--
Toward Peace, Love & Progress:
Erik