[Foundation-l] FYI: wikipedia.de relaunch

Jon Harald Søby jhsoby at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 22:05:40 UTC 2007

It looks nice! However, I wonder why some languages are not included. I'm
thinking about Bavarian, Kölsch and Low Saxon, possibly also Yiddish...
Perhaps it should also be fully translated when searching in other
languages. So instead of "Suche in der dänischsprachigen Wikipedia" you
should have "Søg i den dansksproglige Wikipedia". It's a good start, though.
:-)

On 6/26/07, Tim 'avatar' Bartel <wikipedia at computerkultur.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> until now, http://wikipedia.de (in posession of Wikimedia Deutschland
> e.V.) was a redirect to http://de.wikipedia.org. Because of different
> reasons this was not the best idea.
>
> Since now the content of wikipedia.de changed to a search portal where
> you are able to look up articles in languages officially spoken in
> Germany. Nice feature is the type ahead search functionality.
>
> It's also possible to start a search via third-party
> wikipedia-searchengines.
>
> Just have a look.
>
> Bye, Tim.
>
> --