dcabrilo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 16:07:51 UTC 2007
Ok, gathered from what several of you said, is it fair that I draw the
1) Seanw is a group contact of Wikimedia, appointed by Wikimedia, on
2) Wikimedia granted him absolute right to do what he pleases
with the channels.
3) Community has the input, unless we propose that
off topic discussion should be allowed and that old ops are brought
4) Many of you don't think that coming into the channel and saying:
tone it down a bit, would be beneficial. It had to be done in a way
which separates the community.
5) You all think that enacting the policy without ANY (justified
or not) community input was a good way to go.
I am asking all of this because I don't like separating #wikipedia
and #wikipedia-social one bit, and we have determined years ago that
#wikipedia serves best as both #wikipedia and #wikipedia-en channel
(we'd get tired of directing people to #wikipedia-en). This was because
en.wikipedia is a flagship project, and because the most commonly
used language on #wikipedia is English.
If there is nothing we can do, then somebody please tell me:
"Shut up, we already decided how we want that channel, trying
to discuss it will get you nowhere."
More information about the foundation-l