[Foundation-l] #wikipedia

Rory Stolzenberg rory096 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 15:16:49 UTC 2007

On 6/20/07, Michael Bimmler <mbimmler at gmail.com> wrote:

> often.
> > >
> > > Precisely. If we could raise issues in the channel that really are
> > > affecting multiple places, it's great. As you say, #wikimedia is
> > > definately more geared towards WMF, and #wikipedia is appropriate for
> > > project-related matters.
> >
> > Which is, when you think about it, the reason why this discussion should
> > have taken place on wikipedia-l rather than foundation-l.
> > I forgive the error, but #wikipedia is not a Foundation discussion
> > really, it is a Wikipedia discussion.
> >
> Agreed. Could you maybe move this discussion to the appropriate list
> (which is #wikipedia)? BTW: Remember, the IRC channels are not
> official Wikimedia Foundation channels, so they shouldn't really be
> discussed on the foundation list.
> On the other hand, some IRC users complained that they couldn't make
> input because it is discussed on foundation-l, "a list that no normal
> wikipedian reads" (quote). So, maybe, it's really not the best list
> for this discussion!?
> Michael

Hmm, I guess I, and all the other enwikipedians on this list aren't normal,
then. It's a bit late to move to wikipedia-l (and less Wikipedians read that
than foundation-l, to be honest), though, so I think we should stay here for
the remainder of this discussion and move there for future discussions.

Rory