[Foundation-l] #wikipedia

Michael Bimmler mbimmler at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 15:12:28 UTC 2007

On 6/20/07, Florence Devouard <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Sean Whitton wrote:
> >> There is a need for interwiki-communication is something I hear often.
> >> people are not able to get together and think about general solutions
> >> together. The only channel being used for that kind of stuff is
> >> #wikimedia , but to be honest, that is more
> >> foundation/organization-related, not project-based.
> >
> > Precisely. If we could raise issues in the channel that really are
> > affecting multiple places, it's great. As you say, #wikimedia is
> > definately more geared towards WMF, and #wikipedia is appropriate for
> > project-related matters.
>
> Which is, when you think about it, the reason why this discussion should
> have taken place on wikipedia-l rather than foundation-l.
> I forgive the error, but #wikipedia is not a Foundation discussion
> really, it is a Wikipedia discussion.

Agreed. Could you maybe move this discussion to the appropriate list
(which is #wikipedia)? BTW: Remember, the IRC channels are not
official Wikimedia Foundation channels, so they shouldn't really be
discussed on the foundation list.
On the other hand, some IRC users complained that they couldn't make
input because it is discussed on foundation-l, "a list that no normal
wikipedian reads" (quote). So, maybe, it's really not the best list
for this discussion!?
Michael