[Foundation-l] Board election endorsements

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 11:46:16 UTC 2007

> Ideally I would like to see six candidates in the "finals" when there
> are three seats to be elected. At the moment, there are already 5
> candidates with >30, and Yann will get to the 30 soon too. Maybe it
> wouldn't be that weird to state that the required number can be raised
> next time?

Six candidates doesn't sound like enough to allow the smaller projects
to be represented. If only candidates that can get a large number of
endorsements are allowed to stand then only candidates that are known
by a large number of people (ie. contribute to large projects) will be
able to stand. While you can vote for someone you don't know (since
you can find out about them during the election), you can't really
endorse them.