[Foundation-l] Board election endorsements

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 10:11:38 UTC 2007

Hoi,
Getting endorsements for candidates prior to launching a bit is a valid
strategy. However, for this to work the current practice of removing
endorsements before a candidacy has been approved has to end. I do think
that getting endorsements prior to asking for approval for the candidacy is
good. It does however not mean that having the endorsements prior to asking
for approval for a candidacy need to coincide.

What is essential is that prior to the start of the election the candidature
has been approved and, that it comes with a sufficient  number of
endorsements. When there is a need for twelve, it does not make sense to
have more than twelve. Voting is done in secret and endorsements are only to
show that there is sufficient support. However, if getting endorsements is
seen and appreciated as a political instrument, then it should also be
considered as such.

Thanks,
     GerardM