[Foundation-l] #wikipedia

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 09:27:31 UTC 2007

Hoi,
It has been said that there was some notice on the /topic. That is great..
realistically who reads it? You mention that there were complaints about
this channel .. well, there are always people that complain but how relevant
is that.

There are even people that complain that the Foundation is a mess. There
too, you have to consider what the board is trying to do, that it does not
have the means to implement what it aims to do, that the size of the
projects are growing rapidly and that some rabidly are opposed to anything
because it does not coincide with their own typically not well articulated
view of how "things should be or else".

Now, let me be clear, our culture allows you to be bold. Even when half
cocked. You have been bold and things have improved from what you proposed.
It is however not clear that you have the people frequent #wikipedia agree
with your premises. There is room for either more back pedalling or for more
changes to what you proposed and implemented but was not seen and considered
by most.

Thanks,
    Gerard