[Foundation-l] Elections: a new board for the future

Walter Vermeir walter at wikipedia.be
Sun Jun 17 14:35:44 UTC 2007

Florence Devouard schreef:

> Jimbo had indicated he would be willing to go for an elected seat next
> year. If so, he would liberate an appointed seat in june.

Would it not be a better solution to just appoint Jimmy to the board for
live?

As founder I find it would not be more then normal that he gets a
special arrangement.  Besides of that if he runs in the open election
the only result will be that gets elected by an absolute majority so
there is no point in doing that.

--
Contact: walter AT wikizine DOT org
Wikizine.org - news for and about the Wikimedia community