[Foundation-l] Elections: a new board for the future

Walter Vermeir walter at wikipedia.be
Sun Jun 17 13:09:09 UTC 2007

Michael Bimmler schreef:

> I can't comment on this, but, just as a reminder: Submission of
> candidatures is still open (until 23th, afaik)
>
> Michael

In theory yes. In reality not really.

Users can become a candidate for the board election until 2007-06-23
23:59 UTC.

But the also need to get the "confirmed status", what seems to be not so
easy to get when you see that 50% of the current candidates are not yet
confirmed.

And the also need to get 12 users to endorse them what only can be
started after the are confirmed. The current end data for the
endorsements is also 2007-06-23 23:59 UTC.

How longer it takes to get listed on the endorsement page how lower the
exposure to potential supporters. If we exclude the hardcore users then
it very doubtful that users will visited more then one time that page on
meta to endorse candidates.

--
Contact: walter AT wikizine DOT org
Wikizine.org - news for and about the Wikimedia community