[Foundation-l] Wikipedia Logo - errors

quiddity blanketfort at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 21:37:27 UTC 2007

On 6/15/07, Mark Williamson <node.ue at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's not that I don't want to see it repeated.
>
> It's that after getting no response to something he posted to 3
> different lists, he decided it would work better if he just posted it
> again.
>
> Mark

I initially posted it to the 2 low volume lists (as suggested to me at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Village_pump_%28technical%29#Wikipedia_Logo_-_errors)
and when noone replied, I tried again but included the high volume
wikien-l.

I'm trying to be polite, concise, and neutral, and not clutter the
"request for help" with details. I'm only aware of the problems
because people kept asking if they were going to be fixed as part of
the Sidebar redesign
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Village_pump_%28proposals%29/Sidebar_redesign#Logo_changes).

If you believe that the effort of fixing our single most prominent
international symbol is more troublesome than the ill-regard the
mistakes engender, then I will cease trying to be helpful in this
matter.

Quiddity