[Foundation-l] only six new accounts per day per ip?

Ragib Hasan ragibhasan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 07:30:08 UTC 2007

Yes, that's exactly the problem ... with help from Bangladesh Open
Source Network, we are conducting FOSS camps all around the country,
and a session is dedicated to Wikipedia, where we talk about the
philosophy, and the newbies have a hands-on experience on creating
accounts, logging in, and editing articles. So, definitely we need a
workaround. There is a huge potential of editors coming from the 150
million population of Bangladesh ...  we need to help new users by all
means to get them started. If we just show them a canned demo of an
admin going in and creating an account for them, that won't help them
spreading the word to other people (non-attendees, friends etc) .

I'd love to have a solution to this, as we have more FOSS/Wikicamps
scheduled in the coming months.

--

Ragib