[Foundation-l] only six new accounts per day per ip?

Ragib Hasan ragibhasan at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 20:49:51 UTC 2007

Well, in a way, having this cap really hurts cases where people do not
have home Internet access, and must use their university labs or
cyber-cafes to access the Web. I assume the 6 accounts cap was put in
to fight socks, but it also stops genuine users from signing up. In
the case of Wikipedias with small number of contributors in countries
with low home-broadband penetration, getting new users sign up is
perhaps more important than fighting socks (which btw could be
prevented in many other ways).

--

Ragib