[Foundation-l] only six new accounts per day per ip?

Ragib Hasan ragibhasan at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 21:03:20 UTC 2007

Here is the background:

To publicize wikipedia, the Wiki philosophy etc. in Bangladesh, and to
create new users and help them in editing in Bengali and English
wikipedias, we have been conducting Workshop sessions as part of Open
Source Workshops.

Since many users are not familiar with editing, the workshop involves
showing them how to create an account, how to set up the unicode
Bengali rendering and typing tools, basic wiki markup etc. However, it
came to our notice that from a single IP address, no more than 6 new
accounts could be created.

Is there any setting that allows modification of this limit? I looked
up MediaWiki system messages, but didn't find the setting. We need
more people for Bengali wikipedia, but it is frustrating if our wiki
evangelism workshops fail to guide them properly.

Thanks in advance ...

Ragib

bn:User:Ragib
en:User:Ragib