[Foundation-l] Decision on Creative Commons 3.0

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Sun Jun 3 00:38:59 UTC 2007

Samuel Klein wrote:
> I can see a question about whether to use CC licenses at all, but can't
> see any reason to use 2.5 and not 3.0.

Version 3.0 includes the following language restricting modifications,
which is not included in 2.5:

"Except as otherwise agreed in writing by the Licensor or as may be
otherwise permitted by applicable law, if You Reproduce, Distribute or
Publicly Perform the Work either by itself or as part of any Adaptations
or Collections, You must not distort, mutilate, modify or take other
derogatory action in relation to the Work which would be prejudicial to
the Original Author's honor or reputation."

-Mark