No subject

Sun Jul 1 19:24:19 UTC 2007

guideline#What are we really accomplishing here?]], is it the
foundations view that the wording of the policy requires a *written*
rationale for any non-free content, or only that a rationale exists
for its use (possibly in the abstract)?

Usually we had assumed it required a written one, but the phrase
"...should go through a discussion process where it is determined
whether such a rationale exists..." makes it seem as though perhaps
the intention is to mean a rationale in the abstract.

Please read the discussion if you have time, but as a short summary we
are finding that requiring unique rationales for certain image classes
to be causing more trouble than it is worth. It is leading to fairly
open anger towards our image policies in general, as I know some of
you are aware :)  Thanks for your input.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Non-free_use_rationale_guideline#What_are_we_really_accomplishing_here.3F

Judson
[[:en:User:Cohesion]]