[Foundation-l] #wikipedia IRC channel guidelines review

Philippe Beaudette philippebeaudette at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 19:49:48 UTC 2007

You know, like many people, I type "wikipedia" automatically - since that's the website I go to most often, but I have to stop and think Wikimedia.  It's not a lack of knowledge, or of sensitivity, it's muscle memory.

I made that mistake a couple times during the recent election, and Aphaia gently and with great humour corrected me, while pointing out the mistake.  I only did it once or twice and then I really did slow down and think about what I typed.

I think I like Aphaia's method better than Gerard's scolding.  Seems much less extreme to me.

philippe