[Foundation-l] checkuser

oscar van dillen oscarvandillen at wikimedia.org
Mon Jul 30 10:53:58 UTC 2007

On 7/30/07, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> On 7/29/07, Florence Devouard <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I got several requests about this, so this mail is mostly to get the
> > ball rolling. Nothing urgent !
> >
> > Checkuser ombudsmen have been appointed now a year ago by the board.
> > http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:Ombudsperson_checkuser
> >
> > I guess it is time for a renewal and little feedback on this, and more
> > generally, on checkusers.
>
> Is there currently a similar role for the oversight (hiding revisions)
> feature? If not, I believe it should be created alongside the next
> update to the policy.
> --
> Toward Peace, Love & Progress:
> Erik

good idea! yet while we are at it, may i please i suggest to consider having
just ONE such body for ALL onwiki privacy-sensitive matters.
one [[Privacy_Ombudsman_Commission]] or whatever it will be called.
imho one will do, i fail to see why we would need a separate one for each
software-function.

all the best,
oscar

--