[Foundation-l] checkuser

Nathan Carter cartmanau at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 08:49:29 UTC 2007

On 7/29/07, elisabeth bauer <eflebeth at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to add one point:
> Could the ombudsmen please provide a report on the mailing list
> (without going into private details of course) how many cases they
> have handled, what have been the issues and how they have been
> resolved?
>
> greetings,
> elian

I believe I can do this without releasing private information:
7 cases accepted (2 pending further information at present)
5 cases closed
Large number of cases in past month (I feel due to increased awareness of
the commission)

Out of the 7 cases:
2 have been alleged privacy abuses
6 (one included in above) have been alleged abuses of checkuser policy
1 has been open for some time due to language barrier difficulties (slowing
progress)

1 had a minor privacy violation which was discussed with the checkuser and
the complaintant. The complaintant was happy with the outcome
2 resulted in an explanation of the reason for the check to the complaintant
(which they were satisfied with)
1 resulted in an explanation (where the complaintant was unsatisfied)
1 resulted in a suggestion for involved users to undergo mediation

I will also note that regardless of the method chosen for selection of the
next committee, I would be throwing my hat into the ring for consideration.
Regards,
Nathan Carter (Cartman02au)
Ombudsmen commission member